Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stuck/dead pixels on my ipod touch

Options
  • 27-11-2007 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

ok so i finally got my week 43 16 gig touch yesterday.
    its great but it had a few stuck pixels..real annoying.
    got it replaced today no problem, just turned it on and this one has even more
    stuck pixels than the last one!

anyone else having this problem?
    back to the store tomorrow...next one better be perfect!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Boooo! I'd be raging. I just got my replacement, was checking for contrast, didn't even think to check pixels yet, eek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 pauliej

turn up the brightness to full to check to see if you have any stuck/dead pixels
    or use this site http://www.ebaspace.com/iphone-app/#_home

but if you have any you will spot em straight away...

its weird if you turn the brightness right down they vanish....

got my third replacement today, actually week 40 not week 43 as the previous models were. This one im glad and relieved to say is perfect, not a dead pixel in sight.Video, internet and audio all working sweet. Finally!

right off to jailbreak the little bitch now!

pauliej wrote: »
    right off to jailbreak the little bitch now!

Surely the replacement came with the latest software update, meaning you can't jailbreak it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Mines a week 38 and luckily I`ve had no problems,no dead pixels and no black level issues.

OP hope you get yours sorted soon. They really are a fantastic little device.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

440Hz wrote: »
    Surely the replacement came with the latest software update, meaning you can't jailbreak it :(

downgrade to 1.1.1 then jailbreak! i did it last week!

big_moe wrote: »
    downgrade to 1.1.1 then jailbreak! i did it last week!

Wanna share this knowledge :p, for the OP of course :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

download the 1.1.1 firmware from apple, http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net/content.info.apple.com/iPod/SBML/osx/bundles/061-3932.20070927.p23dD/iPod1,1_1.1.1_3A110a_Restore.ipsw

connect ipod to itunes and then alt-click (on mac, ctrl-click on windows) on the restore button.

then select the ipod touch firmware 1.1.1 from your computer. this will take a while and you may get an error message.. just keep doing it, i had to do twice.

then you'll have firmware 1.1.1 on the ipod so then just go to www.jailbreakme.com and you're sorted!

it also works for iphones, but there isnt a sim unlock yet so if you do that you'll be stuck with no phone features..

adam

PS, this will RESTORE the firmware on your iPod... aka Erases everything

luckily it came with 1.1.1 so its all good!

Advertisement